Saturday 29 December 2012

Review: The Sins of the Mother by Danielle Steel







            Book Title: The Sins of the Mother
           Author: Danielle Steel
           Published By: Delacorte Press
           Date Published: October 30th 2012
           Genre: Contemporary Romance
           Pages: 354
           Recommended Age: Adults
           Read & Reviewed By: Me 
           Rating: 4 Stars 







I borrowed this book from the library. I went on Christmas eve to drop off some items in the drop-box not knowing that the library was open. I was lucky to find this book cuz, m in the queue at #97 for this copy. Now, this is what I call being at the right place at the right time. All the books I wanted was ON shelf. My this visit to library has made my Christmas and New Years. 

Summary: 
                Olivia Grayson, a successful business woman missed out on much of her children’s lives while building her business. Now, at the age of 70 she sees the affect it has had on her their lives, each of them has their own problems. She tries to bring her family back together before she loses them all.

My Thoughts: 
                       I've always loved Danielle Steels work. Shez a tremendous writer. This si another winner. I enjoyed reading about the emotional growth of a family and the individuals of that family finding their way back to each other.  The thing that bothered me was the certain relationship between the matriarch of the family and someone else.  I saw it coming a mile away.  To me, it seemed typical of Steel’s characters, but others may find it was bound to happen with the characters’ situation. I gave 4 stars, although I enjoyed this book I found some parts typical of Steel and I was never taken by surprised.  So ... enjoy !! Happy Reading !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment