Sunday 9 October 2011

Your Life Can Change At The Drop Of A Hat


     Sudden change is often a difficult subject to talk about in front of a group because a certain percentage of the audience believes I'm being a little pessimistic. I can assure you, I'm not.
     It's critical that we realize that at any moment our lives can change. Realistically, there will come a time when our everyday life will suddenly be altered. We just don't know when it will be.
     Many of us will get that dreaded phone call, giving us some piece of bad news. Maybe you'll hear from your doctor that something is wrong with you. Or maybe you will unexpectedly lose your job.
     Change may also goes both ways. Your life can be altered for the better in an instant. When you least expect it, you might meet a new friend, fall madly in love, come up with a brilliant idea, or discover a new career direction. You just never know, and this is one of the reason why life is so exciting and mysterious.
     Far too many of us dread the idea of change. We like things just the way they are. However, whether we like it or not, things are going to change. Living life with the awareness that it's going to change helps prepare you for the unavoidable. Rather than being shocked or thrown off when a change comes, you can react with an unruffled sense of acceptance.
     I'll never forget the time when I and my brother were having breakfast in the morning, this was the year 1997 and were ready to go college and we heard our mom scream. We went into her room to see what went wrong, and was shocked to see our dad passed away. I mean out of the blues, for no reason. He was just 40. Time went by and after two years even mom passed away. These were the only two changes in our lives that we still couldn't accept it. It is said that everything happens for a reason and for good. I don't see any good in these changes. The only question I have deep inside is WHY ? and I always fail to get the answer.
     Today when my kids get awards at school, I miss them by side. Wishing they were here to see this. When I wait in the parking lot for my kids to come out of school, I miss dad in the passenger seat by my side or on the drivers seat to pick them from school, grab them in their arms, treat them candies and I scold him for not doing that. ..........phew....guess I got carried away.......
     So where was I ?..But one thing I learned is, you should always be prepared for the change, as a matter of fact, for the WORST, cuz happiness we accept it anyways, however it comes, whenever it comes. It's just that these changes we're not ready for. Every day each of us is subjected to situations in which the underlying issue is the simple fact that life is changing.
     It is important to remember that change is not only inevitable but also something that we can prepare for. I know that might sound weird, but stay with me. Go through your closets and give away all those things you no longer need and have held on to for too long. Notice that, as you let go of these items, even if you're a little uncomfortable at first, everything is okay. In fact cleaning out the closet feels pretty good. You're learning that, although change can seem difficult and unwanted, it can also lead to pleasant surprises.
     Knowing that life can and does change at the drop of a hat is a powerful tool. With this knowledge, you can participate in making changes in your life rather than simply waiting for life to happen. And when life does spring surprises on you, this awareness allows you to respond to what comes at you more flexibly and with an open heart.....:)  au revoir

8 comments:

  1. Hugs! I know you need it. You should get yourself published. Amazing read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hina. I appreciate ur kind gesture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah Yes, Change is very difficult, inevitable, and usually results in new learned happiness. I enjoyed visiting your site and look forward to returning. I found you through the Mom Blogger's Club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I know I have looked at change as something to dread but you're right change is going to happen no matter what! I can relate to missing a parent, my father passed when I was young, I always wonder how he would be with my kids.

    I came from the 99% exp. blog hop. I look forward to reading your blog posts. If you'd like to follow mine that would be great :) Here's my link:
    http://www.OneMomsMoxie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me to go and clean out my closets!! I found you from MBC....nice blog...come visit me when u get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from MBC! Hope you can visit and follow me back:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com
    http://www.loveablecassandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad once told me, if you don't get your hopes up, you'll never be disappointed, but you might be pleasantly surprised. Your post reminds me of his advice.
    Dropping in from #yalitchat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I found you through MBC losing both parents so young is a terrible loss. I know people will often say things like there is a reason for everything, and God works all things together for good. I think that the hard or 'bad' changes that happen are not the good loss of a loved one is not good, cancer is not good a fire is not good, but the fact that we can find joy and hope is the part that has worked together for good. Sadly it is these tough 'changes' that usually shape us for the better, we grow stronger more compassionate to others going through a hardship etc. that is the good not the loss itself. I just wrote yesterday about how nothing is guaranteed so enjoy each moment. Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete