Tuesday 18 June 2013

Review: 12th of Never by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro



Goodreads Review: 

It's finally time! Detective Lindsay Boxer is in labor--while two killers are on the loose.

Lindsay Boxer's beautiful baby is born! But after only a week at home with her new daughter, Lindsay is forced to return to work to face two of the biggest cases of her career.

A rising star football player for the San Francisco 49yrs is the prime suspect in a grisly murder. At the same time, Lindsay is confronted with the strangest story she's ever heard: An eccentric English professor has been having vivid nightmares about a violent murder and he's convinced is real. Lindsay doesn't believe him, but then a shooting is called in-and it fits the professor's description to the last detail.

Lindsay doesn't have much time to stop a terrifying future from unfolding. But all the crimes in the world seem like nothing when Lindsay is suddenly faced with the possibility of the most devastating loss of her life.


My Thoughts 

If there is one author i keep coming back to read more and more is James Patterson. This is the 12th book in the Women's Murder Club Series. I did enjoy most of the books in the series but not all of them. 

I really liked all the different cases/crimes/story lines, I think there were four happening at once and found that really kept me interested. The book really flowed well from one into the other. I liked the developing relationships and breakdowns between the main characters and how not everything always works out well in the end. It gives it a bit more of a realistic feel

There was also the side story about Lindsay Boxers new born baby being sick and how that was resolved which was another interesting aspect to the entire story. Having said that I really didn't like how she went back to work when her baby was sick in hospital. I would have given the book 5 stars if it weren't for that. I know she is one of the main characters but............... Also I know it's a long time since my children were babies but I don't remember jiggling a newborn on my knee. But that's just being picky.

My kids were a totally a two different story, i can write a book on each of my boys ... lol .. 
P.s. Highly recommended not only to James Patterson fans but to all those who loves to read mystery and suspense. 

Happy Reading !! 


No comments:

Post a Comment