Monday 5 November 2012

Book Talk

I had a moment when my books talked to each other. Does this happen to you? Do you have any idea what m talking about? Let me explain. No, no its not too long. Let me sum up .. haha !!

I was reading two book at a time. 



"How to live: Or a life of Montaigne in One Question and Twenty Attempts At an Answer by Sarah Bakewell which is fascinating and a really interesting way to present a biography of Michel de Montaigne. BUT the salient point for this post is that I learned from this book that Montaigne’s actual family name was Eyquem and that his family bottled wine under that name, including his father, Jean Marie.

Now comes the talking…



I was also reading, "A Discovery of Witches: A Novel by Deborah Harkness in which a 1500 year old vampire introduces a bottle of Eyquem wine to his witch girlfriend and says, “Jean Marie gave it to me himself.” o_O I almost dropped my bag of Bugles snacks.

If I hadn’t been reading the first book, I wouldn’t have had any idea what good ole Matthew was on about in the second book. Boy did I feel super smart right about then, let me tell you.

This ever happen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment