Saturday 29 September 2012

Love For Books


My love for books has lead me to be a student again. A college student at this age. Here's a poem expessing my joy towards returning to College after 15 yrs. 




"I've been blessed with Name, Fame, Family, Health, Wealth, Beautiful children. But still, for years I've wandered aimlessly through the midst of the shadows trying to elude the dark.

In spite of my stupendous efforts, I still felt melancholy in my heart, for I was all alone.

Yet, darkness is not always so dark when our imagination seeks the light of hope – a light that has been trying to find its sight through such darkened nights.

This darkness becomes me, for I am but the light of our shadow that quivers now, as I yearn for a flight towards the dream, away from the claws of fear.

So I rise, wearing this half-darkness, half-light, like priceless sapphires.

Yea, I rise, rise towards my destiny until what my heart craves seems so near.

I rise, flying high 'till I touch the sky, conquering an eternal bliss.


The bliss I feel…ah…it transports me into a world so enchanting and suddenly I am set free with the wings made of BOOKS

This is the Eden of our love, which I shall cherish and safeguard forever.

The fragrance of eternal flowers of love now permeate my fluttering heart…I feel beautiful...I am alive.

Yes! The spirit of love. The love for books, has descended upon my heart…I am renewed again.

Behold! The hand of GOD has touched my soul…indeed, I am reborn."

                                                                                BY

                                                                                        KHAIRU                                               

                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment