Tuesday 17 April 2012

POEM

April is the National Month of Poetry. This reminds me of a very beautiful poem which I read years ago, it came in the newspaper and I kept the cutting of this poem in my Precious Gems binder. This poem was written by African Child and was nominated for the best poem of that year. I'm typing this poem as it is and hope u'll like it as much as I did when I read it the first time.


When I born, I black.
When I grow up, I black.
When I go in sun, I black.
When I cold, I black.
When I scared, I black.
When I sick, I black.
And when I die, I still black.
You white folks...
When you born, you pink.
When you grow up, you white.

When you go in sun, you red.
When you cold, you blue.
When you scared, you yellow.
When you sick, you green.
When you bruised, you purple.
And when you die, you gray.
So who YOU callin' C O L O R E D ??

No comments:

Post a Comment